The Importance Of Crawl Space Encapsulation For Knoxville Homes
Crawl spaces in Knoxville require good insulation to keep the home dry, comfortable, and moisture-free. In the summer, traditional crawl spaces have warm, humid air blowing through them, which makes cooling your living area extremely inefficient. In the winter, traditional crawl spaces have cold, dry air blowing through them, which makes it difficult to warm the home over time.
A crawl space encapsulation prevents all exterior air from entering your crawl space. This allows for more efficient heating and cooling of the home and ensures your living space stays dry, comfortable, and inexpensive to maintain. The professionals at Southeast Termite & Pest Control would be happy to assist and sport more than 50 years of hands-on experience with crawl space encapsulation in Knoxville.
You can get in touch with us today to get a free quote.
How Southeast Termite & Pest Control Encapsulates Crawl Spaces
Crawl space encapsulation provides a number of benefits. Your home's air health may be improved by as much as 50% since more than half of your household's air comes directly from the crawl space. Additionally, your risks for moisture buildup and mold growth will be significantly reduced. The moisture control elements and long-term warranty ensure your home is safe, clean, and inexpensive to heat or cool.
The first step in the encapsulation process is a thorough crawl space inspection. Our experts will evaluate your crawl space for signs and symptoms of failure, which include:
- Water intrusion
- Organic growth
- Sagging or drooling insulation
- Sweating duct lines
- Holes in vents
Once this is complete, we can move into the treatment phase. The encapsulation treatment process is relatively straightforward and covers ten major steps with extreme thoroughness. These include:
- Removing all insulation, plastic, and debris from the ground.
- Treating any current mold or fungus.
- Closing and sealing all vents except one (installing one power vent). We can also change out specific vents or install temp vents if needed.
- Installing new insulation around exterior band joists. We can remove old insulation from the floor and replace it with new, fresh material.
- Installing a 15- or 36-mm vapor barrier across the ground.
- Installing plastic on all walls and piers that tie into the ground barrier. This is a seamless transition that creates a clean, sleek look. Our wall plastic is attached with an adhesive and does not use mechanical fasteners.
- Installing an Aprilaire Dehumidifier and condensation pump. We will run the condensation line out of the crawl space and away from the home.
- Installing lights with a switch at the crawl door.
- Installing a sump pump and French drains (if needed). We will run the discharge line out of the crawl space and away from the home.
- Installing a weather station. This is a monitor in the crawl space and a read-out screen in the home. Homeowners can monitor the conditions of their crawlspace and see the humidity percentage in real-time.
Southeast Termite & Pest Control guarantees your crawl space will maintain a humidity level between 40% to 60%. If your moisture readings run over 60%, we will return to re-treat the area for free. Please note this is a transferrable warranty that can be used by the next homeowner.
Get in touch with Southeast Termite & Pest Control today to learn more.
Our Crawl Space Encapsulation Process
We'll inspect your property for signs of failing encapsulation. High levels of humidity are a key giveaway, as are large entry points, water droplets falling from air ducts, pest infestations, and similar signs.
We follow a 10-step process to remove moisture from your crawl space completely. We rely on the highest quality moisture control products to get the job done right. Crawl space moisture control has never been easier!
We guarantee your crawl space's humidity won't rise above 60%. If it does, we'll come back to re-treat it free of charge. In the event you move from your home or sell it to a different owner, our warranty is transferrable and still 100% guaranteed.
Call Southeast Termite & Pest Control For Crawl Space Encapsulation Services In Knoxville
Crawl space encapsulation is a critical component of exterior moisture control around Knoxville properties. If you choose to partner with Southeast Termite & Pest Control, you can safely and competently address the crawl space of your home by revitalizing the area with quality materials. Backed by our humidity guarantee, you can rest assured you made the right choice.
Get in touch with Southeast Termite & Pest Control today to learn more our crawl space encapsulation or pest control offerings.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"We have had Southeast Termite & Pest Control for several years now. The technicians did the initial termite prevention treatment and now perform a yearly inspection. We've had no problems."